“The fruition of the year had come and the night should have been fine with a moon in the sky and the crisp sharp promise of frost in the air, but it wasn't that way. It rained and little puddles of water shone under the street lamps on Main Street. In the woods in the darkness beyond the Fair Ground water dripped from the black trees.”
Sherwood Anderson, Winesburg, Ohio

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fiber Arts Surprise

Love it when my kids surprise and amaze me.

I tried to teach Ru to finger-knit a while ago but I wasn't doing something right and it kept falling apart so we ditched it.

That was months ago....then yesterday, he comes and finds me and says, "Hey Mom! Look what I figured out!" And there he was....finger-knitting...all by himself!

He has been knitting madly and at last count I think he'd made something like four or five scarves. Time to find some projects he can make and stash in our gift box out of finger-knitting strands.



  1. Good for Ru! He'll be right up there with Uncle MIke before you know it!

  2. Hi! You have a very sweet blog. I was looking for vintage sundresses and stumbled upon it by accident and I couldn't help myself from reading a couple of posts.